Everybody has been stunned by the fact that the TaiG team has been so quiet about their new release of the TaiG 8.3. Furthermore, no one has expected it to appear so shortly. Nevertheless, users rushed to download and try it. Unfortunately, it hasn’t been quite trouble free. After reading some of the complaints we have compiled a set of tips to help you fix some of the issues.
The most frequently reported problem among those who installed jailbreak ios 8.3 is the device getting stuck on the Apple logo.
A possible reason for this would be the way in which the iOS firmware has been updated. Because the jailbreak 8.3 was expected to be released in February, many of the users have updated their firmware via OTA. Over time, it has been proven that if you want to jailbreak your device, this practice might cause problems.
If this is the case, you can try the following:
1. Try running the jailbreak ios 8.3 again after doing a Hard Reset (hold both HOME and POWER buttons down for 10 seconds).
2. If before installing this jailbreak you made a backup, try restoring your device from it. To do so you must first put it in DFU mode (hold both HOME and POWER buttons down for 10 seconds than release POWER while continuing to hold HOME until the recovery message appears in iTunes; click the restore button).
3. If the problem still persists, you can try installing one of the two new updates freshly released to TaiG v2.0 which are meant to remove Taig from the jailbreak. If you encounter this issue using the iPad 2, you should use v1.0.2. If none of the above work you should restore your device and hope the next update from TaiG will be released soon.
Another issue encountered after jailbreaking is the never-ending reboot loop.
The most common cause of this is a compatibility issue between MobileSubstrate and the first release of the TaiG jailbreak download. Because of this, many tweaks that rely on MobileSubstrate stop working as they should and can generate the reboot loop. However, MobileSubstrate has lately been replaced by Cydia Substrate.
If you can’t manage to get your device to boot up properly, you should enter DFU mode (see the steps above) and restore. If you manage to boot up your device, we advise you to enter Cydia and remove all the tweaks that use MobileSubstrate. After addressing this issue you should be able to jailbreak your device again. This time, try using TaiG v2.0 or1.1.2 if you are using an iPad Airt 2. This jailbreak should work with all your tweaks.
Jailbreak process stops responding
You should know that the jailbreak process should not take longer than 5 minutes – while using TaiG download jailbreak. If it stops responding or freezes and takes more than 5 minutes, you should close the jailbreak on your PC and reboot your device, then try again.
TaiG can’t be launched on Mac
This issue has been reported by users of OS X 10.8 or higher and it has to do with the GateKeeper. When attempting to open TaiG iOS 8.3, select open again in the window that appears.
Can’t bypass Activation Lock
This anti-theft feature needs the owners Apple ID to be able to restore or jailbreak the device. Unfortunately there is no easy way to bypass it unless you know the password. If you have purchased the device you should have it; otherwise you’ll have to contact the original owner and have them disable the lock. This can be done remotely.
Configuring System problems
Some users have reported getting stuck at this point of the jailbreak process. “Slow computers” would seem to be the problem in this case, although TaiG have not provided a list with the minimum requirements. They did recommend trying a different computer.
1. Before trying to jailbreak your device, always create a backup.
2. Disable the Passcode lock before proceeding
3. Do not start iTunes while the jailbreak is running.
4. If the firmware on your device has been updated via OTA, you should use iTunes to restore it before attempting a jailbreak.
5. Windows users who have troubles launching TaiG v2.0 jailbreak tool should make sure they are logged in as Administrator.
6. If your device comes with the new A7 64-bit chip, you should be aware that some tweaks do not work. We advise you to be very cautious or patient.